RetroRoleplaying: The Blog
Software Gadgets
The Terran Empire

Site Search
Google
Entire Web
The Cauldron

Staff

Buying books & other products via our links to Amazon.com or via the links to other fine stores in our Shopping Mall helps support this site.

Member - Pagan Forum Alliance
Charter Member

Get Firefox! While this web site is designed to work in all major browsers, we recommend Firefox.

Site copyright
© 1998-2008
by Randall
Home > Community > Forum Home Search

The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum Backup
March 28, 2024, 11:22:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The main board is UP FOR TESTING at http://ecauldron.com/forum/.

Home Help Search Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Fore-sight

Poll
Question: How do you see the economic reprecussions of the hike in gas?  (Voting closed: July 06, 2008, 11:29:32 am)
Serious advancements in getting 'green' - 3 (27.3%)
Government bending to the needs of the country - 1 (9.1%)
Dramatic increase in crime - 0 (0%)
Things'll be tough but otherwise okay - 3 (27.3%)
the Greatest Depression - 4 (36.4%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fore-sight  (Read 2837 times)
JadedVon
Religion: Pagan

Can't beat 'em? Try something heavier. ;)

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:29:32 am »

I have been told I have a 'gift' of fore-sight, I know there are others out there.  I have had some lucid dreams of things approaching and i am curious if anyone else has been experiencing simular 'visions' or if seemingly predicatble pattern is drawing nigh....thanks for any participation.  Many Blessings.  Jadedvon Wolfhaven
Report Spam   Logged

Peace, Love, and Cheesecake.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Apprentice
Religion: Hellenic Pagan

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:36:08 am »

I have been told I have a 'gift' of fore-sight, I know there are others out there.  I have had some lucid dreams of things approaching and i am curious if anyone else has been experiencing simular 'visions' or if seemingly predicatble pattern is drawing nigh....thanks for any participation.  Many Blessings.  Jadedvon Wolfhaven

I'm sorry, I don't understand how this and the poll go together.  Are you asking specifically about foresight related to rising gas prices?  (I also am not entirely sure what you're asking with the poll or what the options are supposed to indicate.   Huh  )
Report Spam   Logged

Star

"Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken."
--Oscar Wilde
JadedVon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:43:29 am »

Sorry, I'm terrible about explainations.  I am asking if other people, who are aware or may not be aware of the gift of fore-sight, have been having the same 'visions' that I have.  I have dreamt of some SERIOUS change coming, especially in my neck of the woods, I see great struggle on everyone behalf but I am unsure of my visions and I am asking if others are 'seeing' what I'm 'seeing' or if my 'visions' have become influenced by my bad mood.
Report Spam   Logged

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Apprentice
Religion: Hellenic Pagan

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 11:45:59 am »

Sorry, I'm terrible about explainations.  I am asking if other people, who are aware or may not be aware of the gift of fore-sight, have been having the same 'visions' that I have.  I have dreamt of some SERIOUS change coming, especially in my neck of the woods, I see great struggle on everyone behalf but I am unsure of my visions and I am asking if others are 'seeing' what I'm 'seeing' or if my 'visions' have become influenced by my bad mood.

That much I got, but I'm trying to understand how the gas hike comes into it.
Report Spam   Logged

Star

"Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken."
--Oscar Wilde
JadedVon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 11:56:01 am »

oh, sorry, um well, when Bush invaded Afganistan like 5-6 years ago, I knew gas was going to be the catalyst for major change...I've 'seen' it for quite sometime.  It's actually causing the whole world to change, with some economic nations falling and others rising I'm guess I'm focusing on the change in gas being the prompt, My whole life gas was afforable it was easy to travel. Now that it's not (affordable) and we've past recession I've been disturbed by what I see, and I really am hoping I am misinterpreting my own visions
Report Spam   Logged

rose
Apprentice
Religion: goofball

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:28:47 pm »

oh, sorry, um well, when Bush invaded Afganistan like 5-6 years ago, I knew gas was going to be the catalyst for major change...I've 'seen' it for quite sometime.  It's actually causing the whole world to change, with some economic nations falling and others rising I'm guess I'm focusing on the change in gas being the prompt, My whole life gas was afforable it was easy to travel. Now that it's not (affordable) and we've past recession I've been disturbed by what I see, and I really am hoping I am misinterpreting my own visions

I know what you are talking about. Last spring, I was taking an advanced class with my psy teacher, and one of the exercises was forecasting. Of the six people in the class, 4 of us saw some major shifts in American culture, in part due to the changes that need to be made in our mobile lifestyles. I didn't see it as a major catastrophe, b/c most of the world has been living with very high fuel prices (or little or no access to gas-powered vehicles at all) for a very long time. But yes, it will be a big change for us, especially those who live in areas where a car is essential, or at least an essential part of personal identity (sorry Texans and my fellow Californians!)
Report Spam   Logged

"a witch should always be a lady, except when circumstances dictate otherwise"
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
melamphoros
Master Member
Religion: Hellenic Polytheism

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 01:08:20 pm »

I think we might be on the way to another depression but that has nothing to do with being psychic.  It's about seeing what the situation is now and picking what a likely outcome would be.  If gas keeps going up, everything will be more expensive due to the cost of transporting them.  If people spend most of their money on gas, food, bills and possibly clothing there wouldn't be much left for luxuries like eating out, the movies, vacations, etc. and many businesses would go under.
Report Spam   Logged
John0723
Religion: Experiencing the divine nature of belief

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 02:07:20 pm »

If you're talking about the four horsemen of conquest, war, famine and death, then yea I think they're here. 
Report Spam   Logged
thain
Apprentice
Religion: Eclectic Paganism/Buddhism

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 02:56:58 pm »

i am curious if anyone else has been experiencing simular 'visions' or if seemingly predicatble pattern is drawing nigh

My hope is that the gas prices will force some of the "green" advances that have been held under by oil companies to come to the forefront, but my fear is that it's too late.  At the very least, we will hit an economic recession, if not a depression, because even if cars started rolling off the production line tomorrow fully equipped with completely renewable fuel sources, auto-makers would charge more for them and the trade-in value of a traditional gasoline-powered car would plummet even more.  This, however, is based not on psychic ability at all, but rather on a simple survey of the market.  It will be interesting to see how much this recession/depression harms the companies responsible for laying its groundwork.
Report Spam   Logged
mandrina
Apprentice
Religion: reclaiming practice

View Profile
Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 07:06:58 pm »

I know what you are talking about. Last spring, I was taking an advanced class with my psy teacher, and one of the exercises was forecasting. Of the six people in the class, 4 of us saw some major shifts in American culture, in part due to the changes that need to be made in our mobile lifestyles. I didn't see it as a major catastrophe, b/c most of the world has been living with very high fuel prices (or little or no access to gas-powered vehicles at all) for a very long time. But yes, it will be a big change for us, especially those who live in areas where a car is essential, or at least an essential part of personal identity (sorry Texans and my fellow Californians!)

I hate to say this, but I could see this and I'm not psychic at all.
Report Spam   Logged
rose
Apprentice
Religion: goofball

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

I hate to say this, but I could see this and I'm not psychic at all.

Yeah, I can see why you would say that-don't have to be weatherman to know which way the wind blows and all like that Smiley
The specific question to us, as a class, was "what changes do you see in 20 years". What I saw were a lot of people my age (in 20 years, when I'll be 65) living very close to the earth, ie in caves, treehouses, cabins and the like-including me. Some folks were living communally, or semi-communally and some were not. Of course, some people have been living this way for a while now, but it looked like there were going to be more than just a few, in my age group. I did some research about this, afterwards, and found that this is now starting to happen. There are these guys http://reclaimingcommunity.org/ and there are several other folks I found out about, synchronistically, that have been getting ready for about 15 yrs now, up in Shasta Co.
Report Spam   Logged

"a witch should always be a lady, except when circumstances dictate otherwise"
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Nile_Lily
Religion: Kemetecletic

View Profile
Combination Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 08:53:09 am »

As for everyone turning green, it may be a passing fashion.  It's like history is repeating itself all over again. The U.S. already went through a gas shortage back in the '70s. Everyone traded in their big gas guzzling muscle cars for little Ford Fiestas and Gremlins. Eventually, the gas prices dropped and cars started getting bigger and bigger again year after year until they ballooned into Humvees.

And conservation wasn't just about gas then either, green ideas started trickling through into other areas of peoples lives as well, but it didn't last. Vegetarianism was a brief trend for some because beef prices soared and people  became aware of mercury in tuna  (there was even talk of putting warning lables on the tuna cans).

Yes, crime did rise (it always does in hard times). There were beef truck hijackings and even a cow snatching or two. Gas siphoning was a big issue (so locks were installed on car gas tanks).

The U.S. was involved in a unpopular war with no way out.

So, how do I see the future?...the same. All this will eventually end and people will forget all about it, or be too young to even remember. When my kid's children are grown and complaining about fuel, wars and food issues, my kids will tell them about how they survived the war, high gas prices, and tainted food back in '08.

No devination necessary.
Report Spam   Logged

Peace, Harmony, Unity
Madam Pyperlie
Religion: Agnostic (6 on Dawkin's 7 point scale)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 09:57:54 pm »

So, how do I see the future?...the same. All this will eventually end and people will forget all about it, or be too young to even remember. When my kid's children are grown and complaining about fuel, wars and food issues, my kids will tell them about how they survived the war, high gas prices, and tainted food back in '08.

I would point out, though, that we didn't have the pressure on the gas supply in the 70's coming from China and India that we have today, the total world population was "only" in the four billions, and there was more gas in existence then than there is now.  As population surges and resource use goes up around the world, there's less stuff for more people, and it will eventually all come to a head; it has to.  What's to say this isn't the time? 

There's only so much oil, it will eventually run out even if we suck the Earth dry of every last drop, so if there's not an alternative, there'll be a population crash.

The surging population, food and resource shortages, the extreme wealth gap all combine to make me think of David Gerrold's Chtorr and Dingilliad series.

Plus, was religious and ideological fundamentalism exploding worldwide in the 70's?  I really have no idea, but fundamentalist lunacy seems to be part of the current zeitgeist, and adding that to any equation just makes it that much more unstable.
Report Spam   Logged
Nile_Lily
Religion: Kemetecletic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 08:06:07 am »

There's only so much oil, it will eventually run out even if we suck the Earth dry of every last drop, so if there's not an alternative, there'll be a population crash.

Plus, was religious and ideological fundamentalism exploding worldwide in the 70's?  I really have no idea, but fundamentalist lunacy seems to be part of the current zeitgeist, and adding that to any equation just makes it that much more unstable.

Only so much oil...that could be a direct quote from the '70s. There was a commercial running then with a dinosaur going extinct that said the same thing. Everyone was looking for alternative fuel sources and cutting back oil consumption. Then, oil was found in Saudi, end of crisis....only it shouldn't have been. Just because we didn't have to worry right at that moment about any shortages it was still eventually going to run out. 
You misread my post a bit - I didn't say future fuel was gasoline. It's just that whatever is it is, I guarantee it won't be worry free.
Report Spam   Logged

Peace, Harmony, Unity
Koimichra
Senior Staff
Religion: Catholic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 11:52:13 am »

If you're talking about the four horsemen of conquest, war, famine and death, then yea I think they're here. 

Actually, these are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:57:23 am by Koimichra » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Top | Home | Message Board | Site Info & Rules | Report Site Problems
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum